Announces 2013-14 Theatricals, DVDs—and ICRS Previews
DALLAS – June 24, 2013 – EchoLight Studios, the first movie studio to produce, finance, market and distribute faith-based, family films across all releasing platforms, announces former Sen. Rick Santorum as its new CEO.
“Movies can instruct and inspire, and a big market out there wants films that reaffirm the values most American families share,” said Santorum, a 2012 candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. “EchoLight is a new door into movie excellence and to more of it. This is a chance to support and cultivate filmmakers within the faith community to develop cinema for wider audiences.”
Santorum will work with EchoLight co-founders President Bobby Downes and Chief Global Strategist Christopher Morrow. A pioneer in the Christian film industry, Downes is both a filmmaker and a founder of ChristianCinema.com, a movie distribution company to buy, rent or stream Christian/faith-friendly films. Morrow comes from years as a successful businessman and entrepreneur and has quickly become known in the film world as a sharp and savvy consigliere.
“Rick, Chris and I all know that culture informs politics and art shapes culture,” Downes said. “Art transcends barriers and goes straight into hearts, and that was never more true than for today’s sight-and-sound generation.”
In 2013 alone, EchoLight’s commitment to upcoming filmmakers shows in impressive numbers:
● a $250,000 commitment to produce and distribute a new work by the winner of the Short Film category in the 2013 San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival
● a multi-year, multi-million agreement to produce films from Liberty University’s Cinematic Arts program with production wrapped on the first film from that effort
● up to $1 million pledged to produce and distribute a new work from the Best Film winner in this year’s 168 Film Project.
“The San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival, Liberty University and the 168 Film Project are clearinghouses of new talent,” Morrow said. “We’re proud to be on the ground floor in encouraging and supporting the next generation of filmmakers. The future is here.”
EchoLight also boasts a full pipeline of films with established directors and a growing cadre of stars as committed as the directors and producers:
● Theatrical THE REDEMPTION OF HENRY MYERS
In the classic western film genre, THE REDEMPTION OF HENRY MYERS stars FIREPROOF’s Erin Bethea and Drew Waters (Friday Night Lights). This fall Rick Santorum will speak across the country using the film to showcase a right message delivered in the right way.
● ICRS Previews from EchoLight
○ HOOVEY—Starring Patrick Warburton and Lauren Holly, directed by SOUL SURFER’s Sean McNamara.
○ HEAVEN’S RAIN—The gripping, true story of Brooks Douglass able, at long last, to respond to tragic murders and destruction with forgiveness
○ SEASONS OF GRAY—A modern retelling of the story of Joseph, family entertainment with a buoyant message of hope.
● New Label With the Oct. 1 DVD launch of BEYOND THE HEAVENS from director and star Corbin Bernsen, EchoLight launches its new label—EchoLight Partners.