Source - Press Release
Exhibiting a remarkable ability to resonate with audiences around the world, Lost Boy: The Next Chapter—the documentary that chronicles the life of Southern California pastor and evangelist Greg Laurie—has just been awarded the Redemptive Storyteller Award in the Distinctly Gospel category at the Redemptive Film Festival in Virginia Beach, Virginia. To date, the film has been honored at six international film festivals
The Redemptive Film Festival is an international film festival aimed at providing a forum for filmmakers to showcase and be rewarded for their work on themes that depict the redemptive purposes of God, either through human beings or supernatural occurrences. Lost Boy: The Next Chapter will be screened at the festival and honored at the festival's Grand Awards Ceremony, to be held at Regent University School of Communication Main Auditorium, Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 5:00 P.M.
In addition to the Redemptive Film Festival award, Lost Boy: The Next Chapter has received the following awards and honors:
• Best American Documentary (under 75 minutes) at the 2009 International Film Festival of South Africa
• Official selection: One of only ten films invited to screen at the Outreach Film Festival in San Diego, Calif.
• Audience Favorite Best Documentary Award at the 2009 Riverside International Film Festival in Riverside, Calif.
• Best Documentary Award at the 2009 International Christian Film Festival in Irvine, Calif.
• Official selection: One of only sixteen films invited to screen at the 2010 Gideon Media Arts Conference and Film Festival in Ridgecrest, NC
Lost Boy: The Next Chapter offers viewers a chance to learn about his compelling life story: from Laurie's childhood raised by an alcoholic mother who was married and divorced seven times, to his decision to follow Jesus Christ on his high school campus, to his expansive 30-year public ministry, and finally, to the heartbreak of his eldest son's unexpected death in 2008.
About Greg Laurie
Greg Laurie is the senior pastor at Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, California, one of the largest churches in the U.S. Laurie is also the founder and evangelist for Harvest Crusades, evangelistic outreach events that have drawn some 4.1 million people to stadiums and arenas around the world since 1990. Laurie serves on the boards of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse.